Pool Deck Designs
The perfect pool and surrounds
The kitchen is often said to be the heart of the home, but in Queensland (particularly during Summer) the pool is definitely where all the action is.
Pool decks look stunning and increase the value of your home, but they also have many functional benefits as well. A pool deck is the perfect place to unwind after work and keep an eye on the kids while they play in the pool. It's also a great outdoor entertainment area, an alternative outside dining area, a great party location and pre-dinner drinks area. Having a deck installed makes the pool area safer and adds to the aesthetic beauty. Wet feet are kept off the grass which will reduce the transfer of mud and debris into the home.
Pool Decking Advantages
- If you have the room, a pool deck can offer areas for lounging, reclining, sitting, dining, entertainment, as well as a comfortable area to keep watch on the children while in the pool.
- A deck will help keep the pool cleaner, as there will be significantly less grass and dirt transfer from your feet into the pool.
- In the event of a fall, a timber deck softer than concrete or paved options, thus a more child friendly alternative.
- A pool deck that is designed well will consider the surroundings of the pool to ensure the deck compliments the whole area and should appear like a natural extension to your backyard and home.
- The addition of the roof or shaded area offers sun protection and will increase the time you can enjoy the outdoor pool deck area.
- To add something special to the pool and timber deck, you could add a wooden bridge which is constructed over the pool.
- A timber deck has a natural warmth and inviting feel.
- A deck allows better drainage of water (between the gaps in the boards), This reduces slip hazards caused by puddles of water.
- The value of your home increases when there is a good quality pool deck installed.
Some inspiration for your pool deck design ...
Back to nature with this spotted gum pool deck.
This pool area is enhanced by a lovely spotted gum deck. The black aluminium fence shows off the idyllic native bush view. The spotted gum fence posts and top rails ensure continuity. The pergola is a beautiful and functional shelter and will offer some shade from the sun while being open for good ventilation. The pergola has also been constructed using spotted gum posts to ensure all areas are tied together.
A multi-level contemporary grey pool deck.
Right now, grey is the latest rage in modern design. This contemporary pool deck utilises glass fence panels to create a sleek and clean look. The multiple deck levels create separate niches that allow families to spend time in the same area, but different zones. The kids can swim and play in the pool and the lower deck, while the adults can enjoy a beer or wine on the higher deck which includes a barbecue area and large dining table for entertaining. The Trex decking gives a clean and uninterrupted surface which means it is basically maintenance free. It can be installed around curved or straight pools, above-ground or in-ground pools and it has a 25 year warranty.
Poolside shade and entertainment
Even smaller areas can benefit greatly from adding a pool deck and structure for shade. This pool deck takes full advantage of the high position to get the best possible views. The hardwood deck panels extend all the way to the edge of the pool. The timber slats at the back of the pergola allow for privacy while still providing ventilation. The minimalist wire cable and timber fencing allows views of the natural scenery. This classic style pool deck creates an amazing place to relax, host a party or enjoy a meal.
Connection between two zones.
The large deck above looks over the beautiful timber pool deck below. The upper deck is a great outdoor entertaining area or ideal for keeping eyes on the kids playing in the pool below. The glass pool fencing allows the owners to enjoy wonderful views of the pool area and surrounding nature. The external timber stairs lead down to the pool deck area. The gate for the pool is situated on the upper deck, therefore another gate is not needed on the pool deck. Both zones combine as one and it looks sensational.
DeKing Decks can help with your pool deck needs
DeKing Decks use the highest quality materials which are guaranteed to withstand the Queensland climate, the unrelenting wear and tear and constant pool splashes. We have in-house design specialists that are experienced in designing different decks to suit each customers’ needs. Whether you want to design the ultimate entertainment area, or need a deck designed for a small backyard pool, the team at DeKing Decks will come up with a practical and stunning pool deck solution for you.
We will suggest design options and advise on the most appropriate materials to use. Have a look through the gallery of pool decks that we have previously built to get an idea of the quality that we can provide for you. Contact us for more information.
DeKing Decks service Brisbane, Redlands, Bayside, Logan, Ipswich, Moreton Bay, Gold Coast, Lockyer Valley and Scenic Rim
See our average cost to build a deck with or without a patio. Or use our Decking Calculator, Patio Roofing Calculator to get a more accurate estimate.